- Championship Team events may be held Super distance.
- Team athletes must be presents at Team Championship briefing on Saturday at 7:00pm. Any specifics rules regarding the team event will be communicated during this meeting.
- BIB pre race pick-up is mandatory for teams on Saturday afternoon.
- Teams must be composed of 3 males or 3 females (no team mixed)
- All three team members must be citizens (passport holders) of the same country, and must compete together at the same event (team members can not qualify separately).
- Competitors must be able to supply proof of citizenship upon request by Spartan officials and/or staff.
- A naming convention applies for teams eventering Team Qualifier events: Each team’s name, chosen during registration, must always include the country of citizenship of its members as the FIRST world in the team name. For example: Spain Dusty Horses, French Magic Team, Italian Warriorz.
- Competitors do NOT need to be living in their country of citizenship in order to qualify to represent their country. Expatriates and tourists may compete abroad but within their country’s region, in order to qualify to represent their home country.
Team Qualifier Rules:
- All team heats follow the Official Spartan Rulebook where specific team modifications to obstacle completion requirements or penalties are not separately stated.
- All obstacles must be attempted by all team members.
- Assistance is not allowed on any obstacles unless specifically stated otherwise. There may be several obstacles that allow assistance, as long as all safety rules as per the Official Spartan Rulebook are adhered to.
- Where allowed, a competitor may only receive or give assistance to their own team members. No helping other teams. Outside help as per Official Spartan Rules is not allowed and shall result in a DQ.
Timing, Results and Penalties:
- Each team's finish time is based on the third team's member time
- All the three team members must cross the finish line together. Otherwise the team is DQ.
- One or more members failing to finish shall result in all 3 members being disqualified.
- Each team member that fails an obstacle that features a burpee penalty earns the team 30 burpees.
- 90 burpees is the maximum burpee penalty a team can receive per obstacle.
- Any team member can begin burpees as soon as an obstacle is failed, so long as they are in the designated burpee zone.
Specific sections of the course that are technical, remote, or subject to unique environmental conditions may include cut-off times, at the discretion of the Race Director.