Update: July 30, 2020.
The Spartan European Championship 2020 has been rescheduled to Tenerife, Spain and will be hosted on December 11-13, 2020.
Originally the European Championship was planned to be hosted in Oberndorf/Tyrol on September 11-13, 2020. Due to Covid-19 that event had to be cancelled. The Championship race will therefore now be part of the event in Tenerife.
The European Championship event will offer Championship Heats in the categories Elite and Age Group only (The Open heats are no European Championship heats). In order to race in Elite or Age Group category at the European Championship you will need to qualify.
Important if you already got your code for the Euro Champs in Oberndorf:
- If you have already registered in Oberndorf 2020 Elite or AG:
Please take a look in our "transfer options for the Elite/AG" for Oberndorf.
- You already received your qualification-code but did not use it yet):
all unused qualification-codes are valid now also for Tenerife under the same conditions.
The qualification system for the European Championship for 2020 is as follows:
- Elite Racers qualify for the Championship by placing top 10 in category Elite at any Spartan Race in Europe between July 1st, 2019 and November 27th, 2020.
- Age Group Racers qualify for the Championship by placing top 10 in their Age Group category at any Spartan Race in Europe between July 1st, 2019 and November 27th, 2020.
- Age Group Racers qualify for the Championship by placing Top20 in their Age Group Category in any race in Spain or Andorra from July 1, 2019 to November 27th, 2020. Same applies for races in Germany/Austria/Switzerland due to their status as hosting region before moving the event to Tenerife.
For both qualifications we use the "roll down"* system. (* If the first place already got a qualification, the second will get his code and so on, that means also place 11 or 12 can qualify potentially)
- Elite and AG racers who qualified for the 2019 European Championship are also now automatically qualified for the 2020 European Championship. *
* Due to the situation around Covid-19 many qualifying races have been cancelled or postponed.
Therefore, the qualification rules are updated to ensure our top Elite and Age Group racers do not miss out. All 2019 and 2020 events in Europe with races in categories Elite and/or Age Group until November 27th, 2020, offer the possibility to qualify for the European Championship 2020.
All 2020 races happening before the European Championship event in Tenerife (December 12th) will still qualify with the same rules for the 2020 Championship event.
- Races from September 1, 2020 onwards also qualify for the 2021 European Championship (date and location are not yet confirmed for 2021).
Every qualified racer will receive an email invitation with his/her personal qualification code that is then to be used in order to sign up for the Championship event. It is not possible to register without your personal qualification code. The email invitation will be sent latest 3 weeks after the event where the qualification was accomplished. Due to the change of location to Tenerife new codes will be send out until August 10.
IMPORTANT: you have to hold a passport of a European Country or be a permanent resident in a European Country in order to be eligible for prize money, awards and podium recognition. If you are not holding a passport of a European country or a permanent resident of a European Country you can qualify and race and are considered an "exhibition competitor". It means if you are you classified as "exhibition competitor" you are not eligible for prize money, awards, and podium recognition.
- WARNING: only racers 18 or older on the day of the race can take part in the Euro Champs!