In this article:
- Categories Eligible for Qualification
- How do I qualify?
- Important Details
In 2018, we're introducing some exciting new ways that you can earn your spot in the World Championship event.
New for 2018 will be the adjustment of categories that qualify for our World Championship.
Starting January 1, 2018 the following categories will apply worldwide:
- Elite (all ages, male and female) (For more info: What you need to know about running Elite)
- Age Group (male and female) (For more info: 2018: Age Group Category)
- Open (all ages, male and female)
Only racers in the Elite and Age Group categories will have the opportunity to qualify for the World Championship.
There are two paths to qualify for our World Championship.
- First, race any one of our Regular Season Events AND place in the Top 10 Male or Female Elite, or Top of your Age Group (See our 2018: Age Groups article for specifics on how many places will qualify for your Age Group).
- Next, you've earned your spot at our Regional Championships. At the Regional Championship, you must place in either the Top 20 Male & Female Elite (at any non-North American Championship) OR attend the North American (NorthAm) Championship and place in the Top 20 Male & Female Elite International Racers, or the Top 20 Male and Female Elite US (citizen) racers.
At the Regional Championship, you may also place in the Top of your Age Group See Important Details below for qualifying places for your age group).
- Congratulations, you've qualified for the World Championship!
- First, race any of our National or Regional Series events AND place in the Top 10 Male or Female Elite (Top 20 for MENA or LATAM), or Top of your Age Group (See Important Details below for qualifying places for your age group).
- (Optional) All racers that qualify for the World Championship at a National or Regional Series event, are also qualified to race in the Regional Championship. Racers that qualify for the World Championship at a National or Regional Series event are NOT required to race the Regional Championship in order to attend the World Championship.
- Go straight to the World Championship!
- Qualifying athletes at all events may be any nationality
- Racers that qualify for a Regional Championship are qualifying for the next calendar Regional Championship in that region (for example, a race in Korea would act as a qualifier for the SEA Regional Championship).
- A roll down qualification system will be used for the National and Regional Series and Regional Championship ELITE Category, whereby an already qualified competitor is "skipped" and the next eligible competitor qualifies.
- There is NO Roll down process for the Age Group category (a person may qualify more than once).
- Age Group Qualifying places are as follows: